Saturday, 6 June 2009

I am the Girl Who Wanted to be God

Yesterday I finished my final exam in university, and since it I have been in a foul mood and I am hugely apologetic for it. I went out last night and saw my wonderfully talented friends gigging, and then met up with some other friends all with their own unique amazing skills, everyone had something that they are renouned for being phenomonal at in comparision to everyone else. My friends are fantastic and as the night wore on I felt smaller and smaller.

That was day one of my post-finals "celebration" and instead of moving forward I'm spiralling right back to where I had come so far from. Old issues are fast reappearing to slap me in the face, it never rains but it pours.

Tonight I'm going to see one of my top 3 bands in the world, the band who made my favourite album of all time, and I would much rather just crawl under a blanket.
I'm very mixed up about a lot of things at the minute, and whilst it doesn't make me feel better, it works as a sort of empathy through music.

I'm going to experience the Manic Street Preachers, most likely for the last time in my life.

Isn't it lovely,
when the dawn brings the dew?
I'll be watching over you.
Isn't it lovely,
When the dawn brings the dew?
I'll be watching over you.

Goodnight my sweetheart
Until we leave tonight
Hold me in your arms.
Wish me some luck as you wave goodbye to me.
You're the best friends I ever had.

Goodnight, sleep tight.
Goodnight, God bless.
Goodnight, nos da.
I'll try my best.

Isn't it lovely,
When the dawn brings the dew?
I'll be watching over you.
Isn't it lovely,
when the dawn brings the dew?
I'll be watching over you.

I will be waiting all my cares are for you
Dreams they leave and die.
I'm just gonna close my eyes,
think about my family,
shed a little tear.

Goodnight, sleep tight.
Goodnight, God bless.
Goodnight, nos da.
I'll try my best.

Isn't it lovely,
when the dawn brings the dew?
I'll be watching over you.
Isn't it lovely,
when the dawn brings the dew?
I'll be watching over you.

Leave me, go Jesus
I love you, yeah I love you,
Just let me go.
I even love the devil
For yes he did me harm
To keep me any longer.

'Cos I'm really tired
I'd love to go to sleep and wake up happy
Yeah I'm really tired
I'd love to go to sleep and wake up happy,
Wake up happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment