Saturday, 5 September 2009

Oh my...

Putting my ipod on shuffle is a fairly recent occurance for me, I really am more of a "full album or nothing" type gal. But I've been coaxed into giving the auld shuffle a hit one or two times every so often, and the bus on the way home today was one of these oppertunities. So I skipped past the first few terrible terrrrrible tracks and settled into a nice medeley of Emma-tunes.

And then...while passing S. D. Bells (a cafe) in Ballyhack, this song came on, and to be honest I was going to laugh or cry...for the first time in a few days I decided to laugh at my own my own stupidity.





She Bathed Herself in a Bath of Bleach
She'd walk on broken glass for love
She thought burnt skin would please her lover
To keep love alive and lust beside
Kind people should never be treated like...

Empty arms and naked heart
Violence, a sad truth followed with a
Table for two, such a sweet delight
Whispers "I love you my darling" tonight

Love bathed her in a bath of bleach
"I brought you here, no one else will"
Don't hurt her anymore, stop now
But salmon pink skin memories took care of...

Empty arms and naked heart
Violence, a sad truth followed with a
A table for two - such a sweet delight
Whispers "I love you my darling" tonight

Yeah, fuck it, I've permanently messed my face, but c'mon, you gotta laugh...

3 comments:

  1. Its not a permanent wound.

    Oh god, i mirror the laugh or cry response. *HUG*

    I just broke down watching Vanity Fair when Becky Sharpe says farewell to her husband and askes him not to do anything brave. I am in love with Ed and like, ugh. Be still my fucking smashed heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. be still my fucking smashed face!
    lol! We need a docu-soap made of our lifes, seriously, people would pay to see our shit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely, though they'd invariably want us to make out at some point. Just cause, society is shit like that...hahah.

    ReplyDelete