Wednesday, 21 October 2009

oooh look a butterfly...

The week before last was bad bad bad and I can put the blame squarely on me being silly and boys...and a collaboration of the two elements...

this week

has been

IMMENSE!!!

I have been an exceptionally busy bee! And it's all because on Monday I met up with a certain Katie Kazam who set the ball of exhaustion in motion. Monday I went to the pub quiz and won a bottle of wine which mcglinch and I decided should be stored in Gary AM's house for safe keeping! So on Wednesday and Thursday I was at the Beat making glittery amazing butterflies for the carnival, yessir, I sat and did arts and crafts all day! If there is a heaven it's the Beat workshop, I'm certain of it! Tuesday I went to see the fantastic Rocktoberfest gig in Annies, the highlight being the Panama's acoustic gig, seriously, SERIOUSLY good! Thursday after the Beat was the PK's secret gig too and then the Team Fresh gig in Radar, (which has been dubbed "The Riot at Radar"-I still have all my bruises from clambouring over the barrier). Friday I was in the hell of HMV, it was ok though because it was Toner's last day and I brought him to city hall for a liquid lunch. After that it was the off to Gary AM's house for some vino then Queer Girrafes last gig before Toner ran off on tour for two months with the Panama boys the next morning. That ended up at that house in Lawrence street, and I finally got to meet who lived there as I flitted round the house going "seriously, who actually lives here, I've been here three times and no one seems to know!" Saturday I was at the carnival all day, being a butterfly and generally feeling like a child (despite the late-night drama of saturday). It was just magical! I went home after the carnival, slept for a couple of hours and was woken up to see if I wanted to go back to city hall and take photos of the atl gig for the bbc website...hell yeah I did! Sunday I was playing purcussion for KoKo and the Boomtown Cats, despite the fact poor Katie had no voice. And Monday was meant to be "back to the real world" but instead McGlinch met me from work and we harrassed Gary to let us come to his flat and drink wine-it worked and we left suitably merry!

So now, I have to do my PK review for nIchart (it'll be glowing, wee Stubell put me on guestlist bless him, even though I'd made such a fuss to him last week about there being too many guestlists in Belfast and people just expect to be on it!) I have an album review for Panic Dots, I'm quite worried about, I've never done an album review before! I have to finish my CV and then investigate just how on earth I can burrow my way out of hmv! Oh and find some money, yeah that's uber important...I literally don't have bus fare to get home!

I hereby pledge to have my nichart review done for 2pm, that's only 2 hours...I'm going to stop writing....NOW!

(after this song which has been in my head all night)


Weep for yourself, my man,
you'll never be what is in your heart
weep little lion man,
you're not as brave as you were at the start
rate yourself and rape yourself,
take all the courage you have left
wasted on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head

but it was not your fault but mine
and it was your heart on the line
i really fucked it up this time
didn't I, my dear?

tremble for yourself, my man,
you know that you have seen this all before
tremble little lion man,
you'll never settle any of your score
your grace is wasted in your face,
your boldness stands alone among the wreck
learn from your mother or else spend your days biting your own neck

but it was not your fault but mine
and it was your heart on the line
i really fucked it up this time
didn't I, my dear?

No comments:

Post a Comment