Sunday, 6 December 2009

Hastily written lists

A friend of mine is currently putting a lot of thought into his top 10 albums of the decade (hi ruairi!)
I'm not, I wrote mine in 30mins, I've probably missed lots of amazing ones, and I haven't thought terribly much about it at all...and I can't narrow it past 14...and most of them are 2009...

...so here is my rather rubbish run-down!

Emma's top albums of the noughties
Manic Street Preachers - Journal for Plague Lovers (2009)
Mumford and Sons - Sigh No More (2009)
ASIWYFA - ASIWYFA (2009)
The Voluntary Butler Scheme - Breakfast, Dinner, Tea (2009)
Manchester Orchestra - Mean Everything to Nothing (2009)
Frightened Rabbit - Liver Lung FR (2008)
iForward Russia! - Give Me a Wall (2006)
Joan as Policewoman - Real Life (2006)
Andrew Bird - The Mysterious Production of Eggs (2005)
Decemberists - Picaresque (2005)
QOTSA - Lullibyes to Paralyze (2005)
Radiohead - Hail to the Thief (2003)
Regina Spektor - Songs (2002)
Malcolm Middleton - 5:14 Fluoxytine Seagull Alcohol John Nicotine (2002)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Emma! (I'm not Ruairi, but I just wanted to be friendly).

    It is a rubbish list, but at least it's full of energy and excitement! I'm working on mine now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh i am so plagerising this :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ruairi- you're not ruairi, get offa my blog biatch! Your list is pretty good too though, blog blog blog it

    TV- work away, whats mine is yours

    Tuesday Kid- Damn! It's a work in progress, i'll need a second draft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://notruairi.blogspot.com/2009/12/albums-of-decade.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. And already the regrets of not putting some albums on is hitting hard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If there's no akon there should at least be some Usher. R'n'B is important.

    ReplyDelete